knock off love

I want to keep it at shy courtship
I want to let it stay unspoken
The part where you find enough courage
to walk over to me
is the part were I start to fade away
Sometimes if your voice isn’t too loud
And the music just loud enough
I can drowned out our small talk
Thinking of your cute mouth opening and closing
Saying things
your beard growing in.
how rough it would feel against my cheek
Your pretty eyes shinning
Looking right into my shinning eyes
Your fingers tightly holding your beer
Fingers that could just as easily be holding my hand
Little beads of sweat on your forehead
Thinking about what you would look
like above me in bed
Who you would look like under the covers

Your attempt at leaning in closer
Only has me thinking louder
I think about all the things that could keep
my interest in you for tonight
The smell of your deodorant
The feel of your t-shirt against my arm.
Your hand is resting against the wall behind me.
How that hand could
move down and rest against my back.
How my body could
leanintoyour arms
Or how I could drown out your attempts at conversation
with the sound of your heartbeat.

Couldn’t we just skip these introductions?
Skip ahead to where we fall in love
Madly and passionately make love
Just not bother with these insignificant details
Of where you grew up
And what your childhood was like
Or your favorite bars downtown


All this time we could have been kissing
And giving in to the myth

We could have been dancing
we could have been pretending
not to notice
That our Lust was masquerading as love

Because tonight
Tonight I just want to feel it
Tonight I want something that just looks like it could be real
Give me a good imitation
Give me that knock off love

1 comment:

hypocrite said...

jesus! this is a different, more beautiful version of my thoughts at times......